The Global Economy’s Shifting Centre of Gravity
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
© 2011 London School of Economics and Political Science and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 3–9, January 2011
How to Cite
Quah, D. (2011), The Global Economy’s Shifting Centre of Gravity. Global Policy, 2: 3–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1758-5899.2010.00066.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
- Asian Development Bank (2008) Key Indicators for Asia and the Pacific 2008. Manila: Asian Development Bank.
- 2009) The Principal Agglomerations of the World [online], October. Available from: http://www.citypopulation.de [Accessed 6 October 2009]. (
- 2008) ‘Why the Euro will Rival the Dollar’, International Finance, 11 (1), pp. 49–73. and (
- 2007) ‘Still the American Empire’, Political Studies Review, 5 (1), pp. 1–10. (
- 2006) The World is Flat, second edition. London: Penguin. (
- Goldman Sachs Global Economics Group (2007) BRICs and Beyond. London: Goldman Sachs.
- 2009) ‘Is the World’s Economic Centre of Gravity Already in Asia?’, Area, 42, pp. 47–50. and (
- 2006) Global Inequality: Patterns and Explanations. London: Polity Press. and (
- 2008) The New Asian Hemisphere: The Irresistible Shift of Global Power to the East. New York: Public Affairs. (
- 2005) Worlds Apart: Measuring Global and International Inequality. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. (
- 2004) Soft Power: The Means to Success in World Politics. New York: Public Affairs. (
- 2003) ‘One Third of the World’s Growth and Inequality’, in T. Eicher and S. J. Turnovsky (eds), Growth and Inequality: Issues and Policy Implications. Cambridge: MIT Press, pp. 27–58. (
- 2010) ‘The Shifting Distribution of Global Economic Activity’. Working Paper, Economics Department, London School of Economics. (
- 1993) Flattening the Earth: Two Thousand Years of Map Projections. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. (
- World Bank (2010) World Development Indicators Online, April. Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators/wdi-2010 [Accessed 21 July 2010].