Sathianathan Clarke teaches theology at United Theological College, Bangalore, India. This paper was presented in a less detailed and systematic form at Kodaikanal International School (Tamilnadu) at the annual faculty workshop on 16 July 1999, and at the national consultation on “Religious Liberty and Human Rights” in Bangalore organized by NCCI (India). I am grateful to Dr Paul Wiebe, principal (KIS), and Rev. Chandran Paul Martin, executive secretary (NCCI), for the opportunity to work on these issues.
Religious Liberty in Contemporary India
The Human Right to be Religiously Different
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2009
2000 World Council of Churches
The Ecumenical Review
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 479–489, October 2000
How to Cite
Clarke, S. (2000), Religious Liberty in Contemporary India. The Ecumenical Review, 52: 479–489. doi: 10.1111/j.1758-6623.2000.tb00058.x
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!