Suzanne McCarthy was raised in the Plymouth Brethren tradition in Toronto, Canada and has been part of the Anglican community for the last twenty years. She attended Bible School in Vevey, Switzerland, and completed her undergraduate degree in classics and modern languages at the University of Toronto. She has a diploma in Bible translation from the Summer Institute of Linguistics and an MA. in Education from the Franco-Ontarian Centre at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE). She has taught elementary and secondary school French and is currently employed as a teacher for learning disabled and special needs children with a focus on integrating technology into their learning. She conducts independent research on the history of Bible translation.
Champion and Defender: the Other Side of the Word
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2009
2008 World Council of Churches
The Ecumenical Review
Volume 60, Issue 4, pages 385–393, October 2008
How to Cite
McCarthy, S. (2008), Champion and Defender: the Other Side of the Word. The Ecumenical Review, 60: 385–393. doi: 10.1111/j.1758-6623.2008.tb00680.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!