Lecturer, Political Economy Program, Department of Economics, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, 2006. I would like to thank Lisa Hill for encouraging me to read J.S. Mill; Marian Sawer, Sonia Palmieri and Eleanor Ramsay who referred me to the literature on “the effects of proportions on group life” (Kanter 1977); Pamela Cawthorne for introducing me to Coates (1996) and associated literature, Elizabeth Hill for comments on a draft of this paper; Susan King and Peter Groenewegen for their encouragement during its writing; the Political Economy group for giving me the intellectual space to seriously consider the questions with which it deals; and the participants of the Women in Australian Economics workshop.
“A WOMAN SELDOM RUNS WILD AFTER AN ABSTRACTION”: FEMINIST CONTRIBUTIONS TO ECONOMICS
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
1998 The Economic Society of Australia
Economic Papers: A journal of applied economics and policy
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 51–69, March 1998
How to Cite
MEAGHER, G. (1998), “A WOMAN SELDOM RUNS WILD AFTER AN ABSTRACTION”: FEMINIST CONTRIBUTIONS TO ECONOMICS. Economic Papers: A journal of applied economics and policy, 17: 51–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1759-3441.1998.tb00170.x
- Issue online: 13 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!