1 Most of the empirical content of this paper derives from 18 months' work in Sudan, mostly in Darfur, during 1985-87. This was made possible by the support of the Economic and Social Research Council of London and Save the Children Fund (UK). Many individuals helped with the research, of whom Malek el Amin deserves a special mention.
Is Famine Relief Irrelevant to Rural People?1
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2009
© 1989 Institue of Development Studies
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 63–67, April 1989
How to Cite
Waal, A. d. (1989), Is Famine Relief Irrelevant to Rural People?. IDS Bulletin, 20: 63–67. doi: 10.1111/j.1759-5436.1989.mp20002009.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!