1 Most of the empirical content of this paper derives from 18 months' work in Sudan, mostly in Darfur, during 1985-87. This was made possible by the support of the Economic and Social Research Council of London and Save the Children Fund (UK). Many individuals helped with the research, of whom Malek el Amin deserves a special mention.
Is Famine Relief Irrelevant to Rural People?1
Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2009
© 1989 Institue of Development Studies
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 63–67, April 1989
How to Cite
Waal, A. d. (1989), Is Famine Relief Irrelevant to Rural People?. IDS Bulletin, 20: 63–67. doi: 10.1111/j.1759-5436.1989.mp20002009.x
- Issue online: 22 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!