Charmaine Pereira is the National Coordinator of the Initiative for Women's Studies in Nigeria, based in Abuja.
Appropriating ‘Gender’ and ‘Empowerment’: The Resignification of Feminist Ideas in Nigeria's Neoliberal Reform Programme1
Version of Record online: 26 JAN 2009
© 2008 Institute of Development Studies
Volume 39, Issue 6, pages 42–50, December 2008
How to Cite
Pereira, C. (2008), Appropriating ‘Gender’ and ‘Empowerment’: The Resignification of Feminist Ideas in Nigeria's Neoliberal Reform Programme. IDS Bulletin, 39: 42–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1759-5436.2008.tb00510.x
I would like to thank Andrea Cornwall, Jibrin Ibrahim and Srilatha Batliwala for their comments on earlier versions of this article.
- Issue online: 26 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 26 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!