We are grateful to Colin Firer for kindly providing us the data for this study, as well as his comments; to the editor and two anonymous referees for the South African Journal of Economics; to an anonymous referee for the Economic Research Southern Africa (ERSA) working paper series; and to Nicola Viegi and seminar participants at the ERSA/South African Savings Institute conference, held at the South African Reserve Bank in August 2009, for helpful comments and suggestions. The authors are responsible for any remaining errors, of course. Financial support from ERSA is gratefully acknowledged.
THE EQUITY PREMIUM AND RISK-FREE RATE PUZZLES IN A TURBULENT ECONOMY: EVIDENCE FROM 105 YEARS OF DATA FROM SOUTH AFRICA
Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 Economic Society of South Africa
South African Journal of Economics
Volume 78, Issue 1, pages 23–39, March 2010
How to Cite
Hassan, S. and Van Biljon, A. (2010), THE EQUITY PREMIUM AND RISK-FREE RATE PUZZLES IN A TURBULENT ECONOMY: EVIDENCE FROM 105 YEARS OF DATA FROM SOUTH AFRICA. South African Journal of Economics, 78: 23–39. doi: 10.1111/j.1813-6982.2010.01237.x
- Issue online: 8 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!