The financial support from Economic Research Southern Africa (ERSA) towards this study is gratefully acknowledged. Views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ERSA.
MACROECONOMIC UNCERTAINTY AND CONDITIONAL STOCK MARKET VOLATILITY IN SOUTH AFRICA*
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Author. Journal compilation © 2011 Economic Society of South Africa
South African Journal of Economics
Volume 79, Issue 1, pages 27–49, March 2011
How to Cite
Chinzara, Z. (2011), MACROECONOMIC UNCERTAINTY AND CONDITIONAL STOCK MARKET VOLATILITY IN SOUTH AFRICA. South African Journal of Economics, 79: 27–49. doi: 10.1111/j.1813-6982.2011.01262.x
The author expresses his gratitude to two anonymous reviewers for the insightful comments. Helpful comments from an anonymous reviewer from ERSA, Meshach Aziakpono and Jen Snowball from the Universities of Stellenbosch and Rhodes, respectively, on an earlier version of this paper are also acknowledged. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!