Profile of the oral health among ambulant older Greek and Italian migrants living in Melbourne
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2008
Australian Dental Journal
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 198–204, September 2007
How to Cite
Mariño, R., Calache, H., Wright, C., Morgan, M., Schofield, M. and Minichiello, V. (2007), Profile of the oral health among ambulant older Greek and Italian migrants living in Melbourne. Australian Dental Journal, 52: 198–204. doi: 10.1111/j.1834-7819.2007.tb00489.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2008
- Accepted for publication 26 October 2006.
- 1Victorian Office of Multicultural Affairs. Victorian Community Profiles 2001 Census. China-born. http:www.mau.vic.gov.auweb8vomasite.nsf8542c5fa7875d8eb4a256a700081ef9d7d00f169cc3d00a1ca256df200008fd2FILEChina-born.pdf. Accessed May 2006.
- 2Australian Bureau of Statistics. Population composition: Older overseas-born Australians. 4102.0—Australian Social Trends, 2002. http:www.abs.gov.auausstatsabs.nsfcat4123.2. Accessed June 2006.
- 3National Oral Health Survey Australia 1987–1988. Department of Health, Housing, Local Government and Community Services. Canberra : Australian Government Publishing Services, 1993.
- 6A socio-dental survey of adult periodontal health. Melbourne, 1985. Community Dental Health Monograph Series No. 5. The University of Melbourne. 1988., , , ,
- 7Anti-Cancer Council of Victoria. Cancer in Victoria 1992. Canstat 1995;21.
- 8Anti-Cancer Council of Victoria. Trends in cancer mortality, Australia 1910–1999. Canstat 2001;33:8–15.
- 9Public Health Division. The health of the people of New South Wales. Report of the Chief Health Officer. Sydney : NSW Department of Health. Available at: http:www.health.nsw.gov.aupublic-healthchorepcobcob_toothache.htm. Accessed 31 May 2006.
- 10Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Oral health and access to dental care—the gap between the “deprived” and the “privileged” in Australia. AIHW Dental Statistics and Research Unit. http:www.arcpoh.adelaide.edu.aupublicationsrr15_deprived.html. Accessed May 2006.
- 11Health Services Victoria. Towards better oral health. Background and issues for Victoria's oral disease prevention and health promotion strategy. Discussion paper. Melbourne : Victorian Government Printer, 1997.
- 13World Health Organization. Oral health surveys: basic methods. 4th edn. Geneva : WHO, 1997.
- 14US National Center for Health Statistics. NHANES III Oral health examination. Training manual. Rockville, Maryland. 1987.
- 16World Health Organization Calibration of Examiners for Oral Health Epidemiological Survey. (ORH/EIS/EPID.93.1.) Geneva : WHO, 1993.
- 19A longitudinal socio-dental study of adult oral health in Melbourne, 1985–1990. Community Dental Health Monograph Series No. 8. The University of Melbourne, 1991., , , ,
- 22SPSS, Inc. SPSS for Windows, Rel 13.0. Chicago : SPSS Inc., 2004.
- 25Dental Health Services Victoria. What is an emergency? http:www.dhsv.org.au. content.asp?z=1&c=1&p=134. Accessed May 2006.