Models for individual oral health promotion and their effectiveness: a systematic review
Article first published online: 24 AUG 2009
© 2009 Australian Dental Association
Australian Dental Journal
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 190–197, September 2009
How to Cite
Yevlahova, D. and Satur, J. (2009), Models for individual oral health promotion and their effectiveness: a systematic review. Australian Dental Journal, 54: 190–197. doi: 10.1111/j.1834-7819.2009.01118.x
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 24 AUG 2009
- (Accepted for publication 2 December 2008.)
- 2Evidence based review of oral health promotion. Consortium of the University of Melbourne Co-operative Research Centre for Oral Health Science and Dental Health Services Victoria 2006., , , , .
- 3Social determinants of health. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999., .
- 6Health behavior and health education. Theory, research and practice. 4th edn. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2008., , .
- 7The transtheoretical model and stages of change. In: GlanzK, RimerBK, LewisFM, eds. Health behaviour and health education. Theory, research and practice. 3rd edn. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2002:99–120., , .
- 9Motivational interviewing: preparing people to change addictive behaviours. New York: Guilford Press, 1991., .
- 13Bandolier. Assessment criteria. Issue 6, p. 7. July 1994. URL: http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/Bandolier/Band6/b6-5.html. Accessed February 2006.
- 14A guide to effective care in pregnancy and childbirth. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1995., , , et al.
- 15Handbook for systematic reviews of health promotion and public health interventions. VicHealth and the Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health Field Handbook, Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health Field and VicHealth, 2005..
- 20Multiple risk factor intervention for primary prevention of coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;4:CD001561., , , .
- 22Intervention for promoting smoking cessation during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004;4:CD001055., , , .
- 23Interventions for tobacco cessation in the dental setting. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;1:CD005084., .
- 38Effective oral health promotion. Literature Review. Cardiff: Health Promotion Wales, 1996., , .
- 40Motivational interviewing: preparing people for change. New York: Guilford Press, 2002., .
- 41Systems of psychotherapy. A transtheoretical analysis. 5th edn. California: Thomson Learning, 2003., .
- 43What is motivational interviewing? Behav Cogn Psychother 1995;23:325–334., .
- 46Motivational interviewing: preparing people to change addictive behaviours. New York: Guilford Press, 1991., .
- 50Health behaviour change. A guide for practitioners. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1999., , .
- 51A cognitive-behavioural assimilative integration. In: (series ed), (vol ed). Comprehensive handbook of psychotherapy: Vol. 4. Integrative and eclectic therapies. New York: Wiley, 2002:317–340., .