Held in Adelaide, South Australia, 30 November–1 December 2009.
Oral health messages for the Australian public. Findings of a national consensus workshop#
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2011
© 2011 Australian Dental Association
Australian Dental Journal
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 331–335, September 2011
How to Cite
National Oral Health Promotion Clearing House (2011), Oral health messages for the Australian public. Findings of a national consensus workshop. Australian Dental Journal, 56: 331–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01339.x
- Issue online: 28 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2011
- (Accepted for publication 14 December 2010.)
- 1National Advisory Committee on Oral Health. Healthy mouths, healthy lives: Australia’s National Oral Health Plan 2004–2013. Government of South Australia, on behalf of the Australian Health Ministers’ Conference, 2004.
- 5World Health Organization. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. In: Report of a Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. WHO Technical Report Series. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003.
- 8Office for National Statistics, London (United Kingdom), Social Survey Div., Medical Research Council, London (United Kingdom). National diet and nutrition survey: young people aged 4 to 18 years. Volume 2: Report of the oral health survey. London: The Stationery Office, 2000., , ,
- 10Optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002;1:CD003517., .
- 15National Health and Medical Research Council. Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia, incorporating the Infant Feeding Guidelines for Health Workers. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2003.
- 16The long-term effects of early nutrition: the role of breastfeeding on cholesterol levels. J Human Lact 2003;19:103–104..
- 17Australian Bureau of Statistics. Breastfeeding in Australia, 2001. ABS Cat. no. 4810.0.55.001. Canberra: ABS, 2003.
- 21National Health and Medical Research Council. Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2003.
- 22Fluoride toothpastes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;1:CD002278., , , .
- 23Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Recommendations for using fluoride to prevent and control dental caries in the United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2001.
- 26Manual versus powered toothbrushing for oral health. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;2:CD002281., , , et al.
- 29Evidence-based medicine: how to practice and teach EBM. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2000., , , , .
- 36Fluoride mouthrinses for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;3:CD002284., , , .
- 38Topical fluoride (toothpastes, mouthrinses, gels or varnishes) for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;4:CD002782., , , .
- 55United States Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 2004.
- 58United States Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: Cancer. A Report of the Surgeon General. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office on Smoking and Health. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 82-50179. 1982.