Geographic redistribution of practice location of graduate dentists: a six-year retrospective analysis (2004–2009)
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2012
© 2012 Australian Dental Association
Australian Dental Journal
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 85–89, March 2012
How to Cite
Gurbuxani, A., Kruger, E. and Tennant, M. (2012), Geographic redistribution of practice location of graduate dentists: a six-year retrospective analysis (2004–2009). Australian Dental Journal, 57: 85–89. doi: 10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01645.x
- Issue online: 28 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2012
- (Accepted for publication 3 July 2011.)
- 1Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Demographic Statistics 2007. Available at: http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/ABS. Accessed 10 February 2011.
- 2Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Dental Statistics and Research Unit. Oral health and access to dental care – rural and remote dwellers. Cat. No. DEN 144. Canberra: AIHW, 2005.
- 3Geographic location and indirect costs as a barrier to dental treatment: a patient perspective. Aust Dent J 2007;52:271–275., , , .
- 4Access to oral health care – an Australian perspective. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2006;34:225–231..
- 5National Advisory Committee on Oral Health. Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives: Australia’s National Oral Health Plan 2004–2013. Adelaide: Government of South Australia on behalf of the Australia’s Health Ministers Conference, 2004.
- 6Demographic analysis of currently registered dentists in Western Australia: rural urban divide. Aust J Rural Health 2006;14:126–128., .
- 7Oral health workforce in rural and remote Western Australia: practice perceptions. Aust J Rural Health 2005;13:321–326., .
- 8Geographic distribution of the Australian dental labour force, 2003. AIHW Cat. no. DEN 168. Dental Statistics and Research Series No. 37. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2007., , .
- 9Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Geographic variation in oral health and use of dental services in the Australian population 2004–06. AIHW Dental Statistics and Research Unit. Research Report No. 41. AIHW Cat. no. DEN 188. Adelaide: AIHW, 2009.
- 10Is inequity undermining Australia’s ‘universal’ health care system? Socio-economic inequalities in the use of specialist medical and non-medical ambulatory health care. Aust N Z J Public Health 2009;33:458–465., , , .
- 11Australian Bureau of Statistics. Remoteness structure. Australian Standard Geographical Classification. ABS Cat. no. 1216.0. Canberra: ABS, 2007.
- 12Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of Population and Housing: Socio-Economic Indexes for Area. Canberra: ABS, 2002.
- 13Health inequalities across socio-economic groups: comparing geographic area-based and individual-based indicators. Public Health 2005;119:1097–1104., .
- 14Factors influencing recent dental graduates’ location and sector of employment in Victoria. Aust Dent J 2006;51:46–51., , , , , , .