Funding for this research was provided by the National Science Foundation, Carter G. Woodson Institute for Afro-American and African Studies, and the Center for Advanced Studies at the University of Virginia. I would like to thank Joel Robbins, Richard Handler, my colleagues and students at the University of Adelaide, the members attending the second biennial conference of the Australian Association for Caribbean Studies, and the anonymous TAJA reviewers for their constructive comments on earlier drafts of this paper.
The Work of Authenticity: Making Haitian Peasants in Martinican Theatre1
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2010
© 1998 Australian Anthropological Society
The Australian Journal of Anthropology
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 179–193, April 1998
How to Cite
Murray, D. A. B. (1998), The Work of Authenticity: Making Haitian Peasants in Martinican Theatre. The Australian Journal of Anthropology, 9: 179–193. doi: 10.1111/j.1835-9310.1998.tb00190.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!