Salmonella in Pork Cuttings in Supermarkets and Butchers’ Shops in Denmark in 2002 and 2006
Version of Record online: 17 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Zoonoses and Public Health
Special Issue: SafePork Guest Editors: Lis Alban, Wondwossen Gebreyes, Sylvain Quessy, Andrijana Rajic, Peter van Der Wolf
Volume 57, Issue Supplement s1, pages 23–29, November 2010
How to Cite
Hansen, T. B., Christensen, B. B. and Aabo, S. (2010), Salmonella in Pork Cuttings in Supermarkets and Butchers’ Shops in Denmark in 2002 and 2006. Zoonoses and Public Health, 57: 23–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1863-2378.2010.01360.x
- Issue online: 17 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 17 NOV 2010
- Received for publication November 20, 2009
- Anonymous, 2002a: Annual Report on Zoonoses in Denmark 2002. The Danish Zoonosis Centre, the National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark.
- Anonymous, 2002b: International Standard – ISO 6579: 2002(E) Microbiology of food and animal feeding stuffs – horizontal method for the detection of Salmonella spp. International Organization for Standardization, Genevé, Switzerland.
- Anonymous, 2006a: Annual Report on Zoonoses in Denmark 2006. The Danish Zoonosis Centre, the National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark.
- Anonymous, 2006b: The community summary report on trends and sources of zoonoses, zoonotic agents, antimicrobial resistance and foodborne outbreaks in the European Union in 2005. The EFSA J. 94, 28–82.
- Anonymous, 2010: The community summary report on trends and sources of zoonoses, zoonotic agents, antimicrobial resistance and foodborne outbreaks in the European Union in 2008. The EFSA J. 8, 24–110.
- 1999: Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 3rd edn. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, p. 121. , and ,
- 1997: Identification and quantification of risk factors regarding Salmonella spp. on pork carcasses. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 36, 199–206. , , , and ,
- 2005: Prevalence of Salmonella enterica and Listeria monocytogenes contamination in foods of animal origin in Italy. J. Food Prot. 68, 1729–1733. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2009: Consumption patterns and consumer risks – an overview of the Danish markets for pork, chicken and eggs and the consumer risk associated with Salmonella and Campylobacter. Institute of Food Resource Economics Report no. 2002. , , , , , , and ,
- 2009: Salmonella surveillance and control at post-harvest in the Belgian pork meat chain. Food Microbiol. 26, 265–271. , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2005: Belgian surveillance plans to assess changes in Salmonella prevalence in meat at different production stages. J. Food Prot. 68, 2269–2277. , , , , , , , and ,
- 2008: Hygiene indicator microorganisms for selected pathogens on beef, pork, and poultry meats in Belgium. J. Food Prot. 71, 35–45. , , , , and ,
- 2007: Prevalence of Salmonella in minced pork meat in supermarkets and butchers’ shops in Denmark and dependence on retail supply chains. In: Proceedings from SafePORK 2007 7th International Symposium on the Epidemiology & Control of Foodborne Pathogens in Pork, Verona, Italy, pp. 63–65. CLEUP, Padova. , , , , and ,
- Landbrug og Fødevarer, 2009: Årsstatistik svinekød 2008. Available at: http://www.danish-meat.dk/forside/statistik_tal/aarsstatistik_svin_2008.aspx.
- 2009: Prevalence and antimicrobial resistance patterns of Salmonella from different raw foods in Mexico. J. Food Prot. 72, 966–971. , , , , and ,
- 1997: Antigenic Formulas of the Salmonella serovars. WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Salmonella Institut Pasteur, Paris, France. , and ,
- 2008: Prevalence and numbers of Salmonella spp. and Enterobacteriaceae on pork cuts in abattoirs in the Republic of Ireland. J. Appl. Microbiol. 105, 1209–1219. , , , , , , and ,
- 2009: Prevalence, numbers and characteristics of Salmonella spp. on Irish pork. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 131, 233–239. , , , , , , and ,
- 1990: Estimation of most probable number of Salmonella in retail samples of minced pork. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 11, 135–141. , , , and ,
- 2001: Prevalence of Campylobacter spp., Escherichia coli, and Salmonella serovars in retail chicken, turkey, pork, and beef from the greater Washington, D.C., area. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 67, 5431–5436. , , , , , , , , and ,