Description of Extended Pre-Harvest Pig Salmonella Surveillance-and-Control Programme and its Estimated Effect on Food Safety Related to Pork
Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Zoonoses and Public Health
Special Issue: SafePork Guest Editors: Lis Alban, Wondwossen Gebreyes, Sylvain Quessy, Andrijana Rajic, Peter van Der Wolf
Volume 57, Issue Supplement s1, pages 6–15, November 2010
How to Cite
Alban, L., Barfod, K., Petersen, J. V., Dahl, J., Ajufo, J. C., Sandø, G., Krog, H. H. and Aabo, S. (2010), Description of Extended Pre-Harvest Pig Salmonella Surveillance-and-Control Programme and its Estimated Effect on Food Safety Related to Pork. Zoonoses and Public Health, 57: 6–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1863-2378.2010.01367.x
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
- Received for publication November 20, 2009
- 2009: Prevalence of Salmonella Spp after hot-water decontamination of finishers slaughtered in a Danish abattoir during 2004-2008. 8th International symposium on the Epidemiology and Control of Foodborne pathogens in pork (SafePork), 30 September to 2 October 2009, Québec City, Canada, pp. 405–408. , and ,
- 2002: The new classification system for slaughter-pig herds in the Danish Salmonella surveillance-and-control program. Prev. Vet. Med. 53, 133–146. , , and ,
- 2007: Begrænset reduktion af Salmonella på slagtekroppe ved logistisk slagtning (limited reduction of Salmonella on carcasses due to logistic slaughter). In Danish. Veterinær Information No. 709, March 30, 2007. Available at: http://www.danishmeat.dk/Veterinaerfagligt/VetInfo/2007/2007/VetInfo_709.aspx. , , and ,
- Anonymous, 2004: Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for the hygiene of foodstuffs.
- Anonymous, 2005: Regulation (EC) No 1688/2005 of 14 October 2005 implementing Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards special guarantees concerning salmonella for consignments to Finland and Sweden of certain meat and eggs.
- Anonymous, 2006: Annual Report on Zoonoses in Denmark 2006. Technical University of Denmark, 49 pp.
- 2009: Factors affecting persistence of high Salmonella serology in Danish pig herds. Prev. Vet. Med. 92, 301–308. , , , and ,
- 2008: Modelling Salmonella Carcass Contamination and Decontamination in Slaughter Pigs. In: Proceedings of Food Micro 2008, 1–4 September, Aberdeen, Scotland, 104 pp. Available at: http://www.foodmicro2008.org/fm08/resources/374/1143/pdf/FM2008_0660.pdf. , , , and ,
- 2009: An outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium infections in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, 2008. Eurosurveillance 14, 1–6. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 1988: A review of human salmonellosis: III. Magnitude of Salmonella infection in the United States. Rev. Infect. Dis. 10, 111–124. , and ,
- 2009: Risk factors for positive carcass swabs in Danish slaughterhouses. 8th International symposium on the Epidemiology and Control of Foodborne pathogens in pork (SafePork), 30 September to 2 October 2009, Québec City, Canada, pp. 26–29. ,
- FAO/WHO, 2002: Risk assessment of Salmonella in eggs and broiler chicken, ISBN 92 9 156229 3. Available at: http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/005/Y4392E/y4392e00.htm.
- FSIS, 1996: Pathogen reduction; hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) systems; final rule. Food Saf. Inspect. Serv. 61, 38917–38928.
- 1998: Use of muscle juice as a source of antibodies for large scale serological surveillance of Salmonella infection in slaughter pig herds. J. Vet. Diag. 10, 158–163. , , , and ,
- 2001: A new Salmonella surveillance and control programme in Danish pig herds and slaughterhouses. Berl. Münch. Tierärztl. Wschr. 114, 323–326. , , , , , , and ,
- 2004: The correlation between Salmonella serology and isolation of Salmonella in Danish pigs at slaughter. Vet. Microbiol. 101, 131–141. , , , and ,
- 2007: Estimation of Salmonella prevalence on individual-level based upon pooled swab samples from swine carcasses. Vet. Microbiol. 119, 213–220. , , and ,