Present address: Laboratory of Virology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Health, Hamilton, Montana, USA.
Flexibility of Mobile Laboratory Unit in Support of Patient Management During the 2007 Ebola-Zaire Outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Zoonoses and Public Health
Special Issue: Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Zoonoses, 24–27 February 2011, Cancun,Mexico
Volume 59, Issue Supplement s2, pages 151–157, September 2012
How to Cite
Grolla, A., Jones, S., Kobinger, G., Sprecher, A., Girard, G., Yao, M., Roth, C., Artsob, H., Feldmann, H. and Strong, J. E. (2012), Flexibility of Mobile Laboratory Unit in Support of Patient Management During the 2007 Ebola-Zaire Outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Zoonoses and Public Health, 59: 151–157. doi: 10.1111/j.1863-2378.2012.01477.x
- Issue online: 7 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
- Received for publication January 23, 2012
- Centers for Disease Control, Prevention (CDC), 2005: Outbreak of Marburg virus hemorrhagic fever – Angola, October 1, 2004-March 29. MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 54, 308–309.
- 2011: Ebola haemorrhagic fever. Lancet 377, 849–862. , and ,
- 2011: The use of a mobile laboratory unit in support of patient management and epidemiological surveillance during the 2005 Marburg Outbreak in Angola. PLoS Negl. Trop. Dis. 5, e1183. , , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2007: The ecology of Ebola virus. Trends Microbiol. 15, 408–416. , , and ,
- 2002: Real-time fluorescence-based PCR for detection of malaria parasites. J. Clin. Microbiol. 40, 4343–4345. , , , , , , , and ,
- 2001: TaqMan PCR for detection of Vibrio cholerae O1, O139, non-O1, and non-O139 in pure cultures, raw oysters, and synthetic seawater. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 67, 4685–4693. ,
- 2000: The immunology of malaria infection. Curr. Opin. Immunol. Aug. 12, 437–441. and ,
- 2007: The Medecins Sans Frontieres intervention in the Marburg hemorrhagic fever epidemic, Uige, Angola, 2005. II. Lessons learned in the community. J. Infect. Dis. 196(Suppl. 2), S162–S167. , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2004: Rapid diagnosis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever by reverse transcription-PCR in an outbreak setting and assessment of patient viral load as a predictor of outcome. J. Virol. 78, 4330–4341. , , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2006: Marburgvirus genomics and association with a large hemorrhagic fever outbreak in Angola. J. Virol. 80, 6497–6516. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 2007: Rapid and simultaneous quantitation of Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella, and Shigella in ground beef by multiplex real-time PCR and immunomagnetic separation. J. Food Prot. 70, 1366–1372. , , and ,
- World Health Organization, 2007: Ebola virus haemorrhagic fever, Democratic Republic of the Congo – update. Wkly Epidemiol. Rec. 82, 345–346.