Etiology and prognosis of fulminant hepatitis and late-onset hepatic failure in Japan: Summary of the annual nationwide survey between 2004 and 2009
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Japan Society of Hepatology
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 97–105, February 2013
How to Cite
Oketani, M., Ido, A., Nakayama, N., Takikawa, Y., Naiki, T., Yamagishi, Y., Ichida, T., Mochida, S., Onishi, S., Tsubouchi, H. and Intractable Hepato-Biliary Diseases Study Group of Japan (2013), Etiology and prognosis of fulminant hepatitis and late-onset hepatic failure in Japan: Summary of the annual nationwide survey between 2004 and 2009. Hepatology Research, 43: 97–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1872-034X.2012.01105.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 2012
- 1Inuyama Symposium Kiroku Kanko-kai. Hepatitis Type A and Fulminant Hepatitis. The Proceedings of the 12th Inuyama Symposium. Tokyo: Chugai Igaku-sha, 1982. (In Japanese.)
- 5Acute liver failure in Japan: definition, classification, and prediction of the outcome. J Gastroenterol 2012; 47: 849–861., , .
- 6Japanese National Study Group of Fulminant H. Clinical epidemiology of fulminant hepatitis in Japan before the substantial introduction of liver transplantation: an analysis of 1309 cases in a 15-year national survey. Hepatol Res 2004; 30: 155–161., , , , ,
- 11Estimated number of patients with intractable liver diseases in Japan based on nationwide epidemiology surveillance. Annual Report of Epidemiology Research for Intractable Diseases in Japan, the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Labor (2005). 2006: 39–42. (In Japanese.), , .
- 19Clinicopathological features of severe and fulminant forms of autoimmune hepatitis. J Gastroenterol 2011; 46: 378–390., , , , , .
- 24Blood purification in fulminant hepatic failure. Contrib Nephrol 2010; 166: 64–72., , , , , .
- 29Prevention of immunosuppressive therapy or chemotherapy-induced reactivation of hepatitis B virus infection: joint report of the Intractable Liver Disease Study Group of Japan and the Japanese Study Group of the Standard Antiviral Therapy for Viral Hepatitis. Acta Hepatol Jpn 2009; 50: 38–42. (In Japanese.), , .
- 31A multicenter study on the prognosis and indication of liver transplantation for fulminant hepatitis in Japan: details of decision of the guideline for liver transplantation in Japanese Acute Hepatic Failure Study Group. Acta Hepatol Jpn 2001; 42: 543–557. (In Japanese.), , et al.
- 34Novel classification of acute liver failure through clustering using a self-organizing map: usefulness for prediction of the outcome. J Gastroenterol 2011; 46: 1127–1135., , et al.
- 35Algorithm to determine the outcome of patients with acute liver failure: a data-mining analysis using decision trees. J Gastroenterol 2012; 47: 664–677., , et al.