Accepted by Michael Gibbins. I am grateful for the financial support of The Departments of Accounting at The Universities of Iowa and Saskatchewan, The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Accounting Education Foundation of Saskatchewan, Inc. I wish to thank the members of my dissertation committee, Bruce Johnson, Ramji Balakrishnan, Utpal Bhattacharya, and George Woodworth for their helpful suggestions and especially Dan Collins (Chairman) for his guidance. Tom Linsmeier, Ed Maydew. Teri Shearer, Charlie Sparks, Robert Yaansah, and two anonymous referees also provided helpful comments. Discussions with Charles M. C. Lee also improved the paper. I benefitted from the comments of workshop participants at Brock University, The College of William and Mary, the University of Iowa, and the University of Saskatchewan.
Disclosure Policy, Information Asymmetry, and Liquidity in Equity Markets*
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
1995 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 801–827, Spring 1995
How to Cite
WELKER, M. (1995), Disclosure Policy, Information Asymmetry, and Liquidity in Equity Markets. Contemporary Accounting Research, 11: 801–827. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.1995.tb00467.x
- Issue online: 20 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!