Accepted by Lane Daley. The authors thank the Ontario Health Ministry for access to the data used in this study. The conclusions from this study are those of the authors and are not necessarily those of the Ontario Health Ministry. Comments from Thomas Carroll, Yuchang Hwang, and two anonymous referees are gratefully acknowledged. Special thanks to Mort Pincus for his detailed comments and help throughout this project. Balakrishnan, Gruca, and Nath acknowledge grants from the Ira McGladrey Institute for Accounting Research, the University of Iowa, and Faculty of Administration at York University, respectively. A previous version of this paper was presented at the The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS) Marketing Science Conference (Tucson, Arizona, March 1994) and the annual meeting of the American Accounting Association (1995). The authors' names are listed in alphabetical order.
The Effect of Service Capability on Operating Costs: An Empirical Study of Ontario Hospitals*
Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
1996 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 177–207, Spring 1996
How to Cite
BALAKRISHNAN, R., GRUCA, T. and NATH, D. (1996), The Effect of Service Capability on Operating Costs: An Empirical Study of Ontario Hospitals. Contemporary Accounting Research, 13: 177–207. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.1996.tb00497.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!