Accepted by Michael Gibbins. This paper was developed from a discussion presented at the 1994 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, sponsored by: Alberta's Chartered Accountants through the Accounting Education Foundation of Alberta, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Ernst & Young Foundation, and CGA-Canada Research Foundation, the Peat Marwick Thorne Educational Foundation, the Society of Management Accountants of Canada, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, and the University of Alberta. The authors appreciate the helpful comments of Julie Collins, Carol Frost, Mark Lang, Jim Wahlen, and especially Bill Kinney and Laureen Maines on an earlier version of the paper.
The Value of Experimental Methods for Practice-Relevant Accounting Research*
Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
1996 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 339–351, Spring 1996
How to Cite
McDANIEL, L. S. and HAND, J. R. M. (1996), The Value of Experimental Methods for Practice-Relevant Accounting Research. Contemporary Accounting Research, 13: 339–351. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.1996.tb00504.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!