Accepted by Shivaram Rajgopal. Beatty thanks Deloitte & Touche for financial support. We thank Jennifer Altamuro, Ron Dye, Ben Lansford, Tom Lys, Waleed Muhana, Rick Johnston, Shail Pandit, Joe Piotroski, Shyam Sunder, Rick Young, Helen Zhang, and seminar participants at Stanford University, Northwestern University, and Ohio State University.
The Effect of Private Information and Monitoring on the Role of Accounting Quality in Investment Decisions*
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2010
© 2010 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 17–47, March 2010
How to Cite
BEATTY, A., SCOTT LIAO, W. and WEBER, J. (2010), The Effect of Private Information and Monitoring on the Role of Accounting Quality in Investment Decisions. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 17–47. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01000.x
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!