Accepted by Hun-Tong Tan. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2008 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We thank Hun-Tong Tan (editor), two anonymous reviewers, Joan Luft (our discussant at the 2008 CAR Conference), Shannon Eckerle, Scott Emett, Bill Mayew, Katherine Schipper, participants at the 2008 CAR Conference, and workshop participants at Duke University for comments on the manuscript. We also thank Leslie Hodder for assistance and counsel in the execution of this study. The authors are grateful to the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Department of Accounting for funding data collection. Frank Hodge acknowledges support of the Lane A. Daley Faculty Fellowship. Pat Hopkins thanks the Deloitte Foundation Accounting Faculty Fellowship and Kelley School of Business for summer research support.
The Effects of Financial Statement Information Proximity and Feedback on Cash Flow Forecasts*
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2010
© 2010 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 101–133, March 2010
How to Cite
HODGE, F. D., HOPKINS, P. E. and WOOD, D. A. (2010), The Effects of Financial Statement Information Proximity and Feedback on Cash Flow Forecasts. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 101–133. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01003.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!