Accepted by Michel Magnan. We thank Bipin Ajinkya, Ted Christensen, Jay Ritter, and participants of the University of Florida accounting workshop, the 2006 AAA Annual Conference, and seminars at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, the 2006 Conference at the University of Washington in St. Louis, and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore for helpful comments, and Liang Fu, Carlos Jimenez, Richard Lu, and Jason MacGregor for research assistance. Jenny Tucker thanks the Luciano Prida, Sr. Professorship Foundation for financial support.
To Guide or Not to Guide? Causes and Consequences of Stopping Quarterly Earnings Guidance*
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2010
© 2010 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 143–185, March 2010
How to Cite
HOUSTON, J. F., LEV, B. and TUCKER, J. W. (2010), To Guide or Not to Guide? Causes and Consequences of Stopping Quarterly Earnings Guidance. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 143–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01005.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!