Accepted by Jeffrey Callen. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2008 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We thank participants at the 2008 CAAA meetings and the 2008 CAR conference, Edward Riedl, the discussant at the CAR conference, Jeffrey Callen (the associate editor), and two anonymous referees. All errors remain ours.
Accounting Conservatism and the Temporal Trends in Current Earnings’ Ability to Predict Future Cash Flows versus Future Earnings: Evidence on the Trade-off between Relevance and Reliability*
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
© 2010 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 413–460, Summer 2010 (June)
How to Cite
BANDYOPADHYAY, S. P., CHEN, C., HUANG, A. G. and JHA, R. (2010), Accounting Conservatism and the Temporal Trends in Current Earnings’ Ability to Predict Future Cash Flows versus Future Earnings: Evidence on the Trade-off between Relevance and Reliability. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 413–460. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01013.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!