Accepted by Peter Pope. We are grateful to the associate editor Peter Pope, the anonymous reviewer, Richard R. Mendenhall, Srinivasan Krishnamurthy, Murali Jagannathan, Kristian Rydqvist, Deniz Ozenbas, Tongshu Ma, Keren Bar-Hava, and to participants of the 2007 Financial Management Association annual meeting and the 2009 American Accounting Association annual meeting for helpful comments. We also thank the New York Stock Exchange for providing short interest data. Special thanks go to Gang Hu for sharing part of the Nasdaq short interest data. All remaining errors are our own.
The Effect of Short Selling on Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements*
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
© 2010 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 609–638, Summer 2010 (June)
How to Cite
LASSER, D. J., WANG, X. and ZHANG, Y. (2010), The Effect of Short Selling on Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 609–638. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01018.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!