Accepted by Patricia O’Brien. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2007 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We thank Patricia O’Brien (associate editor), two anonymous referees, Mike Mikhail (conference discussant), as well as Fran Ayres, Anne Beatty, Cristi Gleason, Ole-Kristian Hope, Stan Markov, Emad Mohammad, Bill Richardson, Phil Shane, Beverly Walther, Jennifer Winchel, and participants at 2007 AAA Financial Accounting Section Midyear Meeting, 2007 CAR Conference, McMaster University, and 2008 University of Oklahoma Accounting and Ethics conference for comments. We thank Kelly Huang, Nan Liu, and Drew Newman for their research assistance.
Brokerage Industry Self-Regulation: The Case of Analysts’ Background Disclosures†
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 1025–1062, Winter 2010 (December)
How to Cite
BROWN, L. D., HUGON, A. and LU, H. (2010), Brokerage Industry Self-Regulation: The Case of Analysts’ Background Disclosures. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 1025–1062. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01035.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!