Accepted by Ferdinand Gul. We appreciate the comments received from Ferdinand A. Gul (the associate editor), two anonymous reviewers, Stefan Sundgren, Lasse Niemi, Petri Sahlström, Markku Rahiala, Peter Moizer, Henry Jarva, Markku Vieru, Juha Joenväärä, Jukka Perttunen, Kim Ittonen, Risto Tuppurainen, and Anna-Maija Lantto, and from the research workshop participants at Stockholm School of Economics, University of Oulu, and Umeå School of Business. Special thanks go to Sven-Ivan Sundqvist and Daniel Fristedt at SIS Ägarservice AB for providing us with ownership data. We wish to thank Harri Lempola and Marja Kauppinen for their excellent research assistance. For financial support, Mikko Zerni would like to thank the Finnish Foundation for the Advancement of Securities Markets, the Finnish Foundation for Economic Education, the Marcus Wallenberg Foundation, and the North-Ostrobothnia Cultural Foundation. During the last part of the research project Mikko Zerni was also supported by Academy of Finland Grant Number 126630, which he gratefully acknowledges. Henrik Nilsson gratefully acknowledges financial support from MISTRA. All remaining errors are our own.
The Entrenchment Problem, Corporate Governance Mechanisms, and Firm Value*
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 1169–1206, Winter 2010 (December)
How to Cite
ZERNI, M., KALLUNKI, J.-P. and NILSSON, H. (2010), The Entrenchment Problem, Corporate Governance Mechanisms, and Firm Value. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27: 1169–1206. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01043.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!