Accepted by Orie Barron. We thank Tillinghast-Towers Perrin for providing the insurance data. We would like to thank several industry participants who have shared their valuable time with us. In particular, we thank Elissa Sirovatka of Tillinghast, David Allan of General Reinsurance Corporation, Dan Bailey of Bailey Cavalieri LLC, Michael Early and Frank Kastelic of the Chicago Underwriting Group, Lori Fuchs of Honeywell, Phil Norton of Arthur J. Gallagher and Co., and Paul Van Zuiden of Risk Management & Insurance Consulting LLC. We are grateful to Heowk Kiat Koh for assistance with the data collection. We acknowledge helpful suggestions from Orie Barron (associate editor), two anonymous referees, Ana Albuquerque, Romana Autrey, Paul Beck, Foong-Song Cheong, Daniel Cohen, Dain Donelson, Brian Mittendorf, Partha Mohanram, Shyam Sunder, Jake Thomas and Frank Zhang. We also thank workshop participants at the University of Texas at Dallas, Southern Methodist University, Boston University, University of Minnesota, George Mason University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for valuable comments. Any errors are our own.
The Effect of Litigation Risk on Management Earnings Forecasts*
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 125–173, Spring 2011 (March)
How to Cite
CAO, Z. and NARAYANAMOORTHY, G. S. (2011), The Effect of Litigation Risk on Management Earnings Forecasts. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 125–173. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01045.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!