Accepted by Michael Willenborg. We would like to thank Beth Bryant, Brian Carver, Stacy Mastrolia, and especially Carl Hollingsworth for their data gathering assistance. We also thank the associate editor, Michael Willenborg, two anonymous referees, Mark Beasley, Rebecca Hann, Dana Hermanson, Mingyi Hung, April Klein, and seminar participants at the University of Arizona, Boston Area Research Consortium, Colorado State University, University of Kansas, Miami University, Philadelphia Area Research Consortium, University of Toronto, and University of Virginia-Darden for helpful comments.
CEO Involvement in Selecting Board Members, Audit Committee Effectiveness, and Restatements†
Article first published online: 13 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 396–430, Summer 2011 (June)
How to Cite
CARCELLO, J. V., NEAL, T. L., PALMROSE, Z.-V. and SCHOLZ, S. (2011), CEO Involvement in Selecting Board Members, Audit Committee Effectiveness, and Restatements. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 396–430. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01052.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 13 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!