Accepted by Gordon Richardson. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2008 CAR Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We thank the editors, Michel Magnan and Gordon Richardson; the referees; Dan Simunic, discussant on the paper at the 2008 CAR Conference; and CAR Conference participants for their many helpful comments. We also appreciate comments on earlier versions of the paper by Charles Chen, Claus Holm, Ole-Kristian Hope, Mingyi Hung, and Marlene Willekens; participants at the 2006 European Accounting Association Congress, 2006 mid-year meeting of the Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association, and 2005 European Audit Research Network Symposium; and workshop participants at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Lehigh University, University of Melbourne, and Université Paris Dauphine.
The Relative Importance of Firm Incentives versus Country Factors in the Demand for Assurance Services by Private Entities*
Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 487–516, Summer 2011 (June)
How to Cite
FRANCIS, J. R., KHURANA, I. K., MARTIN, X. and PEREIRA, R. (2011), The Relative Importance of Firm Incentives versus Country Factors in the Demand for Assurance Services by Private Entities. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 487–516. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2010.01053.x
- Issue online: 20 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 NOV 2010 03:24PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!