Accepted by Peter Clarkson. This paper has benefited from the comments of the Editor, Michel Magnan, and two anonymous reviewers. We also thank Suresh Radhakrishnan, Ole-Kristian Hope, Sami Hebaitollah, Bikki Jaggi, Agnes Cheng, Katherine Schipper, Simon Fung, Dan Simunic, Ross Watts and various participants of workshops at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the Indian School of Business and the AAA 2007 conference for their comments. We thank Chung Ki Min for his help in the selection bias control section. We appreciate the research assistance of Angel Sung. The financial support for this project from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Internal Research Grant is gratefully acknowledged.
Female Directors and Earnings Quality*
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 1610–1644, Winter 2011 (December)
How to Cite
SRINIDHI, B., GUL, F. A. and TSUI, J. (2011), Female Directors and Earnings Quality. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 1610–1644. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01071.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 JAN 2011 12:55PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!