Accepted by Alan Webb. The authors appreciate the helpful comments and suggestions from Alan Webb (associate editor), two anonymous reviewers, as well as from Michael Bamber, Dennis Bline, Larry Brown, Alex Bruggen, Lynn Hannan, Joshua Herbold, Steve Kachelmeier, Lisa Koonce, Al Leitch, Molly Mercer, Bill Messier, Jan Mouritsen, Sean Peffer, Madhav Rajan, Steve Salterio, Regan Schmidt, Margaret Shackell-Dowell, Michael Shields, Bill Tayler, Yu Tian, Scott Vandervelde, Rich White, Wilda Womanac, and workshop participants at Queen’s University, University of Montana, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of South Carolina, University of Texas at Austin, the Global Management Research Symposium, the Southeast Summer Accounting Research Conference, the American Accounting Association Management Accounting Section Conference, and the American Accounting Association Annual Meeting. We also thank Stephen Brown, Al Hartgraves, and Al Leitch for helping to recruit experiment participants and Kelvin Liu, Brad Matthews, Joanna Rolfes, Jane Thayer, and Jeff Smith for their help in coding and analyzing the data.
Dividing the Pie: The Influence of Managerial Discretion Extent on Bonus Pool Allocation*
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 1562–1584, Winter 2011 (December)
How to Cite
BAILEY, W. J., HECHT, G. and TOWRY, K. L. (2011), Dividing the Pie: The Influence of Managerial Discretion Extent on Bonus Pool Allocation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 1562–1584. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01073.x
- Issue online: 6 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 JAN 2011 12:56PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!