Accepted by Michael Willenborg. We thank Associate Editor Michael Willenborg and two anonymous referees for their constructive comments. We also thank K. Hung Chan, Charles Chen, Gongmeng Chen, Helen Choi, Joseph Fan, Jere Francis, Jeong-Bon Kim, Kenny Lin, Agnes Lo, Chung-ki Min, Oliver Rui, William Shafer, T. J. Wong, Donghui Wu, Xi Wu, and George Yang for their helpful comments, discussions, and suggestions on earlier drafts of the paper. In addition, we acknowledge the constructive feedback received from workshop participants at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The University of Hong Kong, the China Research Conference 2006 at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and the American Accounting Association Auditing Section 2006 Midyear Conference, Los Angeles. Michael Firth acknowledges financial support from a grant from the Government of the HKSAR (GRF 340408).
Auditors’ Organizational Form, Legal Liability, and Reporting Conservatism: Evidence from China*
Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 57–93, Spring 2012 (March)
How to Cite
FIRTH, M., MO, P. L. L. and WONG, R. M. K. (2012), Auditors’ Organizational Form, Legal Liability, and Reporting Conservatism: Evidence from China. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 57–93. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01081.x
- Issue online: 6 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 FEB 2011 09:52AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!