Accepted by Michel Magnan. We thank Brian Gaither for excellent RA support, Michel Magnan (editor), two anonymous referees, John Core, Stuart Gillian, Wayne Guay, Rick Lambert, Katherine Schipper, Cathy Schrand, Suraj Srinivasan, Randall Thomas, David Yermack, and workshop participants at the 2006 AAA conference, 2006 FEA conference, University of Pennsylvania, University of Washington and Washington University St. Louis for comments. We thank our respective schools for financial support, and Daniel Taylor gratefully acknowledges funding from the Deloitte Foundation.
Frictions in the CEO Labor Market: The Role of Talent Agents in CEO Compensation*
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 119–151, Spring 2012 (March)
How to Cite
Rajgopal, S., Taylor, D. and Venkatachalam, M. (2012), Frictions in the CEO Labor Market: The Role of Talent Agents in CEO Compensation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 119–151. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01082.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 FEB 2011 09:52AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!