Accepted by Alan Webb. We thank the motion picture industry executives who shared their knowledge of the business with us, as well as Tony Davila, Anita Elberse, Yuchang Huang, Bill Lanen, Tatiana Sandino, Alan Webb (the Associate Editor), and two anonymous reviewers for comments. We also thank the IMA Foundation for Applied Research for their financial support.
Real Options in the Motion Picture Industry: Evidence from Film Marketing and Sequels*
Article first published online: 12 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 1438–1466, Winter 2011 (December)
How to Cite
Gong, J. J., Van der Stede, W. A. and Mark Young, S. (2011), Real Options in the Motion Picture Industry: Evidence from Film Marketing and Sequels. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 1438–1466. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01086.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 12 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 FEB 2011 03:46AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!