Accepted by Clive Lennox. We gratefully acknowledge helpful comments and suggestions offered by Clive Lennox (associate editor), Marleen Willekens (discussant), two anonymous referees, Monika Causholli, Rebecca Files, Linda Myers, Steve Salterio, Anne Thompson, Mike Wilkins, and workshop participants at the University of Arkansas and the 2010 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference. Financial support from the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas, the Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University, and the College of Business at the University of Texas at Arlington is greatly appreciated.
Short Interest as a Signal of Audit Risk*
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 1278–1297, Winter 2011 (December)
How to Cite
Cassell, C. A., Drake, M. S. and Rasmussen, S. J. (2011), Short Interest as a Signal of Audit Risk. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 1278–1297. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01102.x
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAY 2011 03:58AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!