Accepted by Alan Webb. We are grateful for the comments of the associate editor Alan Webb and two anonymous reviewers. We also thank Michael Bamber, Jim Cannon, Josh Coyne, Steve Glover, Kathy Hurtt, Sue McMahon, Jaime Schmidt, Chad Simon, Jason Smith, Bill Tayler, Todd Thornock, Shankar Venkatraman, Brady Williams, workshop participants at the University of Utah, and conference participants at the 2010 IS section mid-year meeting for providing helpful comments and suggestions. We thank Garren Wood for programming the experiment.
The Effects of Preventive and Detective Controls on Employee Performance and Motivation*
Article first published online: 7 NOV 2011
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 432–452, Summer 2012 (June)
How to Cite
CHRIST, M. H., EMETT, S. A., SUMMERS, S. L. and WOOD, D. A. (2012), The Effects of Preventive and Detective Controls on Employee Performance and Motivation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 432–452. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01106.x
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 7 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAY 2011 12:15PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!