Accepted by Yves Gendron. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2010 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. This paper has benefited from the helpful comments of Shannon Anderson, Roel Boomsma, Mary Canning, Wai Fong Chua, Jesse Dillard, Mahmoud Ezzamel, Clinton Free, Yves Gendron, Georgios Georgakopoulos, Mike Gibbins, James Hazelton, Reggy Hooghiemstra, Chris Humphrey, Thomas Riise Johansen, Nonna Martinov-Bennie, Hugh McBride, John Roberts, Vaughan Radcliffe, Steve Salterio, and Marc Wouters. Highly helpful comments were also received from two anonymous reviewers, a reviewer for the 6th Asia-Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting (APIRA) Conference at the University of Sydney, and participants at: the 12th Alternative Accounts Conference and Workshop, Schulich School of Business, Toronto; the University of Sydney Discipline of Accounting research seminar series; the 6th Asia-Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting (APIRA) Conference at the University of Sydney; the 10th Seminar of the Research Centre of Accounting and Control Change (RACC) at the Open University, Eindhoven; the 25th anniversary Contemporary Accounting Research conference hosted by Queen’s University in Kingston; and the Royal Holloway, University of London, Accounting, Finance and Economics research seminar series. The author would also like to gratefully acknowledge the assistance of the interviewees who participated in the study.
The Case of Sustainability Assurance: Constructing a New Assurance Service*
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 1230–1266, Winter 2011 (December)
How to Cite
O’Dwyer, B. (2011), The Case of Sustainability Assurance: Constructing a New Assurance Service. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28: 1230–1266. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01108.x
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 MAY 2011 08:48AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!