Accepted by Steven Salterio. We appreciate helpful comments from Jeff Cohen, Yves Gendron, Audrey Gramling, Govind Hariharan, Roger Hermanson, Jagan Krishnan, Jayanthi Krishnan, Paul Lapides, Steve Salterio (Editor (in-Chief)), two anonymous reviewers, one anonymous interviewee, and participants in the Coles College Brown Bag series, and Iowa State University Workshop. We thank Joe Mallin of Pearl Meyer & Partners, Ron Domanico, Paul Lapides, Mary Madden, and Hal Shear for assistance in getting access to public company compensation committee members. We thank Zhen Li for research assistance. Finally, we greatly appreciate the interviewees’ willingness to share their time and insights with us.
The Compensation Committee Process*
Article first published online: 8 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 666–709, Fall 2012 (September)
How to Cite
Hermanson, D. R., Tompkins, J. G., Veliyath, R. and Ye, Z. (2012), The Compensation Committee Process. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 666–709. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01118.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 8 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 JUN 2011 10:45AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!