Accepted by Michael Welker. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2009 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. I would like to thank Shane Dikolli, Yonca Ertimur, Michael Welker, and participants at the 2009 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference for useful comments. I gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University.
Disclosure Outlets and Corporate Financial Communication: A Discussion of “Managers’ Use of Language Across Alternative Disclosure Outlets: Earnings Press Releases versus MD&A”*
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 838–844, Fall 2012 (September)
How to Cite
MAYEW, W. J. (2012), Disclosure Outlets and Corporate Financial Communication: A Discussion of “Managers’ Use of Language Across Alternative Disclosure Outlets: Earnings Press Releases versus MD&A”. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 838–844. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01126.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!