Accepted by Michael Welker. The authors would like to thank Franklin Williams, Mikhail Pevzner, Michelle Armesto, and Nam Tram for research assistance. We thank Mike Welker, three anonymous reviewers, Bob Bowen, Rich Frankel, Greg Hess, Ron King, Dawn Matsumoto, Bill Mayew, James Morley, Terry Shevlin, Shankar Venkataraman, Michael Williams and workshop participants at the University of Oregon, University of Utah, Washington University, the 2005 Washington University Accounting Research Conference, and the 2008 FEA Conference for helpful comments and suggestions.
Beyond the Numbers: Measuring the Information Content of Earnings Press Release Language*
Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2012
© 2011 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 845–868, Fall 2012 (September)
How to Cite
Davis, A. K., Piger, J. M. and Sedor, L. M. (2012), Beyond the Numbers: Measuring the Information Content of Earnings Press Release Language. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 845–868. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01130.x
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JUL 2011 04:07PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!