Accepted by Patricia O’Brien. We would like to thank the comments and suggestions of Patricia O’Brien (ad hoc editor), two anonymous reviewers, Artur Hugon, Kalin Kolev, Reuven Lehavy, Roger Loh, Mujtaba Mian, and participants at the 2009 American Accounting Association annual meeting, the 2006 Midwest Summer Research Conference at the University of Notre Dame, and at workshops held at the University of Iowa, the University of Minnesota, and the University of Texas at Austin. We also gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing earnings forecast data (available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System) and price target data (available through First Call), as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations research.
Valuation Model Use and the Price Target Performance of Sell-Side Equity Analysts*
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 80–115, Spring 2013 (March)
How to Cite
Gleason, C. A., Bruce Johnson, W. and Li, H. (2013), Valuation Model Use and the Price Target Performance of Sell-Side Equity Analysts. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 80–115. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01142.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 SEP 2011 12:28PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!