Accepted by Christine Botosan. We would like to thank Christine Botosan, John Core, Clifton Green, Lew Johnson, Kose John, Steven Monahan, Selim Topaloğlu, and two anonymous reviewers, as well as seminar participants at the 2010 Southern Finance Association Meeting, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Queen’s University, and Saint Mary’s University for constructive comments. We also appreciate generous financial support from Canada’s Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. Part of this research was conducted while Saadi was visiting INSEAD, Fontainebleau campus. Finally, the authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Campus Saint-Jean at the University of Alberta (El Ghoul), the Center for International Business Education and Research at the University of South Carolina (Guedhami), and the CMA Professorship at Memorial University (Pittman).
Does Information Asymmetry Matter to Equity Pricing? Evidence from Firms’ Geographic Location*
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 140–181, Spring 2013 (March)
How to Cite
El Ghoul, S., Guedhami, O., Ni, Y., Pittman, J. and Saadi, S. (2013), Does Information Asymmetry Matter to Equity Pricing? Evidence from Firms’ Geographic Location. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 140–181. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01147.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 OCT 2011 11:03AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!