Accepted by Jeffrey Callen. This paper is based on my dissertation at Harvard University, entitled “Does Venture Capitalist Quality Affect Corporate Governance?” I thank my dissertation advisors and committee members, Paul Healy, Josh Lerner, and Krishna Palepu, for their guidance and support. I also thank the following for helpful comments and suggestions: Mark Bradshaw, Jeffrey Callen (Editor), Lily Fang, Fabrizio Ferri, Yael Hochberg, Greg Miller, Eddie Riedl, Antoinette Schoar, Suraj Srinivasan, two anonymous reviewers, and seminar participants at Columbia University, Harvard University, London Business School, Northwestern University, Stanford University, the University of North Carolina, the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Southern California. All errors remain mine.
The Effect of External Monitoring on Accrual-Based and Real Earnings Management: Evidence from Venture-Backed Initial Public Offerings*
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 296–324, Spring 2013 (March)
How to Cite
Wongsunwai, W. (2013), The Effect of External Monitoring on Accrual-Based and Real Earnings Management: Evidence from Venture-Backed Initial Public Offerings. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 296–324. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2011.01155.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 31 DEC 2011 02:01AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!