Accepted by Jere Francis. We thank Jere Francis (Editor), two anonymous referees, Dave Burgstahler, Jeff Burks, Shuping Chen, Daniel W. Collins, Peter Easton, Dan Givoly, Cristi Gleason, Michelle Hanlon, Ross Jennings, W. Bruce Johnson, Bill Kinney, Theodore Sougiannis, and Ryan Wilson; and workshop participants at The University of Iowa, The University of Texas at Austin, the 2010 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, and the 2010 American Accounting Association FARS Midyear Meeting for their comments. We thank Isaac Griesbaum for excellent research assistance.
Discontinuities and Earnings Management: Evidence from Restatements Related to Securities Litigation*
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 242–268, Spring 2013 (March)
How to Cite
Donelson, D. C., Mcinnis, J. M. and Mergenthaler, R. D. (2013), Discontinuities and Earnings Management: Evidence from Restatements Related to Securities Litigation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 242–268. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01150.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 FEB 2012 03:35PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!