Accepted by Shivaram Rajgopal. We thank two anonymous reviewers, Linda Bamber, Christine Botosan, Ted Christensen, Asher Curtis, Jay Coughenour, Thomas Lys, Shamin Mashruwala, Rick Mendenhall, Per Olsson, Shiva Rajgopal, Eddie Riedl, Katherine Schipper, Greg Sommers, Rex Thompson, Ram Venkataraman, and participants at Duke University, Melbourne Business School, Michigan State University, Texas Christian University, the 2008 American Accounting Association annual meetings, the 2008 Mid-Atlantic Research Conference in Finance, and the 2008 Accounting Research Conference at the Indian School of Business for many helpful suggestions. We thank Frank Ecker for making the data on the accruals factor available on his website. Animesh Dwivedi, Machiko Hollifield, Teza Mukkavilli and Bao Nguyen have provided valuable research assistance.
Does Earnings Quality Affect Information Asymmetry? Evidence from Trading Costs*
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 2, pages 482–516, Summer 2013 (June)
How to Cite
Bhattacharya, N., Desai, H. and Venkataraman, K. (2013), Does Earnings Quality Affect Information Asymmetry? Evidence from Trading Costs. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 482–516. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01161.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 FEB 2012 12:22PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!