Accepted by Christine Botosan. This paper is based on my dissertation completed at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. I am grateful to my advisor, Terry Warfield, and thesis committee members, Holly Skaife, John Eichenseher, Mark Kohlbeck, and Jed Frees, for their invaluable guidance and comments. I am also grateful to Christine Botosan for her constructive and detailed guidance. I appreciate the comments provided by two anonymous reviewers. I would like to thank my University of Waterloo colleagues Patricia O’Brien, Alan G. Huang, Khim Kelly, Ken Klassen, Duane Kennedy, Sally Gunz, Ken Vetzal, Alan Webb, Christine Wiedman, Tony Wirjanto, and especially Sati Bandyopadhyay and Ranjini Jha, for their persistent support and insightful comments. I also thank Qiang Cheng, Guohua Jiang, Baohua Xin, and Jieying Zhang for their helpful comments, and Xiaofei Yang for her research assistance. I appreciate the comments of the participants in workshops held at Boston University, New York University, State University of New York at Buffalo, University of Toronto, University of Wisconsin–Madison, and University of Waterloo. This paper is dedicated to the memory of my father, Guangyu Chen, whose strength in going through tough times in his life has always been my inspiration.
Time-Varying Earnings Persistence and the Delayed Stock Return Reaction to Earnings Announcements*
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 2, pages 549–578, Summer 2013 (June)
How to Cite
Chen, C. (2013), Time-Varying Earnings Persistence and the Delayed Stock Return Reaction to Earnings Announcements. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 549–578. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01165.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 FEB 2012 09:58AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!