Accepted by Christine Botosan. We appreciate the helpful comments of Christine Botosan, two anonymous referees, Jonathan Cohn, Ilia Dichev, Amy Dittmar, Russell Lundholm, Linda Myers, Terry Shevlin, Doug Skinner, and Noah Stoffman, as well as workshop participants at the London Business School Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference. We thank Patricia Dechow, Weili Ge, Chad Larson, and Richard Sloan for providing their AAER data. This paper was previously titled “Do Dividends Indicate Honesty? An Examination of Dividend Policy at Firms Accused of Accounting Fraud.”
Dividend Policy at Firms Accused of Accounting Fraud†
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 2, pages 818–850, Summer 2013 (June)
How to Cite
Caskey, J. and Hanlon, M. (2013), Dividend Policy at Firms Accused of Accounting Fraud. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 818–850. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01173.x
- Issue online: 13 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 APR 2012 10:45AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!