Accepted by Steve Salterio. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2011 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We received helpful comments from workshop participants at LSE, Ferrara, the AAA Management Accounting Section Midyear Meeting in Long Beach, the GMARS conference in Sydney, and Tilburg University's Fall Camp 2008 as well as from Shannon Anderson, Dennis Campbell, Gavin Cassar (discussant), Mandy Cheng (discussant), Peter Easton, Christian Hofmann, Yuping Jia, Eva Labro, Anne Lillis, David Larcker, Ken Merchant, Valeri Nikolaev, Mina Pizzini, Marcel van Rinsum, John Roberts, Naomi Soderstrom, Jeroen Suijs, Wim Van der Stede (discussant), Anne Wyatt, and Jerold Zimmerman. We are grateful for the constructive feedback from Steve Salterio and two anonymous reviewers.
The Role of Performance Measures in the Intertemporal Decisions of Business Unit Managers†
Article first published online: 17 DEC 2012
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 925–961, Fall 2013 (September)
How to Cite
Abernethy, M. A., Bouwens, J. and Van Lent, L. (2013), The Role of Performance Measures in the Intertemporal Decisions of Business Unit Managers. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 925–961. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01178.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 17 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAY 2012 10:10AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!