Accepted by Shivaram Rajgopal. The authors would like to thank Shiva (Editor), Chris Armstrong (the discussant), two anonymous referees and participants at the 2008 CAR conference. We also thank Jeff Abarbanell, Ken Ayotte, Phil Berger, Bjorn Jorgensen, Ken French, Jon Kerr, S. P. Kothari, Hannah Lee, Clive Lennox, Xiaojing Meng, Partha Mohanram, Stephen Penman, Doug Skinner, Pete Wilson, Arnie Wright, Valentina Zamora, and the seminar participants at Boston College, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Ohio State University, Rutgers University, and Yale University for their valuable comments. The authors would also like to thank Alok Baradwaj, Feng Chen, Quinn Chiang, Andrew Cowen, and Devis Myteveli for valuable research assistance.
Do Voting Rights Matter? Evidence From the Adoption of Equity-Based Compensation Plans*
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 29, Issue 4, pages 1204–1236, Winter 2012 (December)
How to Cite
BALACHANDRAN, S. V., JOOS, P. and WEBER, J. (2012), Do Voting Rights Matter? Evidence From the Adoption of Equity-Based Compensation Plans. Contemporary Accounting Research, 29: 1204–1236. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01187.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 AUG 2012 11:35AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!